Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Best Tamaqua Friend Visits His Son in China

Day 1

Day 11

George Taylor's son Brandon has been living and working in China for a year. For the last couple of weeks they had a great time together - Dad making sure things are okay - and Son proving to Dad that he has really grown up.

Having two grown sons and a two year old grandson - I know the effort that George has put into raising his family. He and Mary Ruth did a splendid job with Brandon - and younger son Michael is on that same path. I know how my eyes well up every time I put my kids on planes - and they are only traveling a couple hours away. Imagine the mixed feeling that a 8000 miles plane ride over the North Pole churns up.

George has written an excellent page about the trip/ See it here - http://grt-triptochina.blogspot.com/ - or click on China in the Title above. I was unable to stop reading right up to the tears at the airport.

I focused on two photos though. First day - last day. Things seem to change - even in just 11 days.