Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Avenue Q - A Fantastic R- Rated Play About Just Starting Out in Brooklyn-Queens With Puppets



On Friday at 5 PM I found myself in the Wyndham Theatre - watching a bunch of puppets starting out life in NYC.

Keith and Lulu wanted to see it - I said what the heck. It turned out to be a nice little play.

I was surprised at the R-rated material particularly with the large amount of high schoolers in attendance. I doubt if in America they would allow humping on stage and full frontal nudity - even if it is only puppets.

A highlight was when one of the puppets came up from behind me in the second balcony - and started begging me - all this under the cover of about 4 spotlights. Even then - Harry did not relent and open his wallet :-)

Oh well - at least it was only 14 pounds a ticket.