Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Guess Who Lost His Laptop?

In less than 24 hours I had my computer back!


I am typing this story on my iPhone - so it is taking a while. After 4 nights in Sheffield - we were excited to be catching the Master Cutler Express for a two hour trip to London. We had plenty of time and pushed our breakfast a little later to cover for lunch. After we got back to our hotel room we packed and I did a complete sweep of the room making sure nothing was left behind. We were ready to go. Out express train was scheduled for noon. Since we were walking to the station - had an hour to kill. I started typing this story at the desk. Soon Lulu said time to go. I grabbed our bags and off we went.

We got to the station with plenty of time. We were the first on board.

The train pulled exactly on time - not very full. Lulu had some snacks for the two-hour trip. We were flying low at over 100 miles an hour. Normally I would type a story but I was just looking forward to a leisurely 7 days at our Central London flat - Joan’s flat.

It was raining a bit - nothing hard - but it drew long lines on the windows.
Before you knew it - we were in St Pancreas Station catching a subway to Little Venice. As we got off the subway - Lulu went shopping for supper fixings. I took the bags to the flat.

I unpacked my bag - hung stuff in the closet and put the bag under the bed.

Then I went to use my laptop computer. I pulled the bag back out from under the bed - my stomach felt as empty as the computer pocket. My computer was not there. Nothing but dollar signs were flying out of the bag.

I quickly checked Lulu's bag thinking she was teasing me. I panicked.

I called the Hilton in Sheffield. They said they were waiting for me. My Apple MacBook was left sitting on the desk - wide open.

They took our London address - 1 Warrington Gardens - and said they would mail it to us. It would cost 5 pounds postage.

I am always teasing my buddy George about losing things. He is 10 years older and travels 10 times as much as me. It will be his turn to give me the business.

I have been given a second chance.

Until I get the computer back - I won’t be typing. Lulu definitely won’t trust me with hers.

No comments: