Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Friday - London - Victoria and Albert Museum - Decorative Arts

Eve listening to Adam
David
Friday I was home alone because Lulu and Joan decided to go to Edinburgh Scotland for the weekend on the train. I needed a little rest and was tired of long train rides - so I had the day and the apartment to myself. The weather was not too good - rainy and cold by Florida standards. So I picked out the Victoria and Albert Museum to fill my day. There is a bus that goes directly from our front door to the museum's front door. It also has free admission. 

I sat in the front seat on the upper deck of the bus. That is usually a show in itself - but with the rain and steamed up windows I did not see much. I gotta tell you that carrying an umbrella is not that bad. It also works pretty well as a cane :-)  I just walked into the museum and started shooting willy nilly. 

This museum is big and old. It was started around 1850 in the reign of Queen Victoria. It honors her husband. It is the largest collection of post-classic sculpture. There are 2.3 million pieces of art in the museum. With the rain and Good Friday - it was a pretty nice crowd. 








Peter with the keys
at the Gate to Heaven

St Jerome - Jesus - Mary - St Francis

Priest Cape from 1500









Oak steps from the 1600s


National Art Library

Silver lions were big - human size





Queen

Tony Blair

Wicked Step Sisters' from Cinderella

Victoria and Albert
tile in bathroom

Peter again -
different artist



Cupid and ??


No comments: