Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Ground Hog Day in Bejing


This happy face picture probably means nothing to you. But to me it is the light of my life. For the last 4 months - I have been blocked by the wall. Not the famous wall that kept out enemies for thousands of years - but the computer wall that prevents people from sending out big pictures and videos. 

My tmobile iphone has been a way to see American news and send pictures - but even tmobil has threatened to cut me off because I used too much bandwidth. 

Yesterday - Lulu contacted our VPN company. They said with the stuff down south - it has been harder to connect. They said to download the new program. She did it. I had brought an apple express router and hooked it up to the wifi. So with several changes we tried it - and our apartment wifi works well. We have fast speed and no censorship. It also does not disconnect. So as long as that happy face above stays green - we are happy. A VPN routes your internet through a different country to fool people trying to intercept you. We have success with routing our stuff through Japan. 

This is like the movie Groundhog Day. It goes fine all day - then the next morning - we wake up with the same problem. This morning it was different - we woke up to "I Got You Babe" - and the green smile was still smiling.  

Our life in China has been a never ending adventure. 



No comments: