Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

China Day 88 of 150 - Micellaneous Pictures - Maybe An Internet Solution

I love these Great Wall hats - Lulu got them
 for $2 each at the Silk Market. They were marked $7.
Make  China Great Wall Again. 

My usual way to publish web pages is simple. I take pictures with my iphone - then transfer the pictures to my laptop - then write my text on the laptop - and finally upload the whole mess over wifi to the Internet. We have not been able to do that since we arrived here - due to the Great Wall. It is a way to censor stuff coming into the country and going out. 

I was able to get around the wall by using my iphone on T-Mobil. It worked well - but T-mobil started throttling me back due to using too much band width. We were watching Tv and listening to satellite radio over the phone. 

You can use a program called a VPN to get around the censorship. Our was virtually useless because of the firewall. Lulu downloaded a new copy - and it seems effective. 

This is my first web page with lots of high quality pictures over our apartment wifi. If this is posted - it worked. 

Enoy some of our outtake pictures. 

The steps in our old Riverside Hotel in Saigon.
No fire code - wide open - wooden

The Lotus Lounge at Vietnam airport - free food. 

Lulu and I had whole row on way home 

My favorite food shop downstairs - pedicure $3

Meat on sticks at mall - 25 cents

Shrimp

Snails

Downdraft Grill - no smell

Note the tag on her coat. 

Khan?

Some Terracotta Warriors at our local museum
Priced at $4 million each

China Nuclear Bomber at Military Museum

National Military Museum - I have been there 3 times.
Free over age 65. 



No comments: