Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Senile American Couple Goes To Same Motown Play Two Years In A Row - Remembers Nothing

Front row - that guy is the director
They are really picky about taking pictures
I was walking around in downtown London on Thursday about noon. I got an email from Lulu that she was done her class early. She asked me to get some nice tickets to a play - cheap. She sent me a list of plays that had 2:30 PM matinee shows. On the list was Motown.

I was near the Shaftesbury Theatre - so I dropped into the box office. I told the girl I was hard of hearing and liked to be up close to read faces. She said she could give me the front row for 20 pounds each. I called Lulu and she said - take them.

I sat out front with an ice cream cone - as Lulu came strutting down the street. We were pretty smug getting the front row at such short notice. We went inside and found our seats. The theatre had recently been renovated but it seemed very familiar. There was a big lighted M on the curtain.

After a while - I said to Lulu that I thought we saw this before. She said - no way. So I went to my best source of information - my coal cracker web page -

http://everhart.blogspot.com/2017/07/london-we-got-nice-seats-for-musical.html

There was the story for all to see. We saw the exact same show on July 6th - 2017!  That time we paid 39 pounds each for the 5th row center.  I even took a video of the finale.

We both laughed at our senility.

Maybe we will go out on the street and look for Rod Stewart.


This was the director's iPad
Musicians in front of us

The director also played the piano

Our tickets - front row - 20 pounds

No comments: