Search This Blog

Thursday, September 05, 2013

House Day 18 - It Was So Hot Today

Gary Wayne and Josh Wells check each 10 foot stud to see if they are straight. If a bow even a little - they are marked so that all stud bend the same way. The outside walls are made with 2x6 studs and the inside walls are made of 2x4 studs.

Today - the crew of Gary - Gary - Joe - and Josh were building the interior walls. Rooms started to take shape and Lulu and I were very happy. The rooms are all going to be spacious. Each bedroom has 4 windows - and the 10 feet ceiling ads to the openness. 

I could not believe how hot it was - and all I did was watch and clean up. I had my jungle hat on but went through two three shirts - it was so humid. Gary and crew were here by 7 AM - and left at 3:30. No one left the site. 

Brothers Joe and Gary can complete each other's sentences. I never had a brother but if I did I would like it just like these guys.

Josh Wells is high upon a ladder laying out and 8 foot interior door in a 10 foot wall. 

In this picture Gary is sawing right in the middle of the living room Behind him is the front door.

Here is Lulu's kitchen. You can see the 4 x 8 island. 

From the northwest corner of the lot - here is the completed perimeter. 8 windows across the back and 1 door.

This is the front southeast corner guest room. It has two windows facing Seminole Drive and east. It has two windows facing south. What a great spot for a desk.

No comments: