Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On the Plane to London

It is 10pm we are ready to take off from Atlanta. The plane was overbooked by 15 people. They offered us $600 each plus hotel and meals - then fly tomorrow.

Lulu did not think $1200 was enough - so we are ready to go.

The only consolation is that I got this exit row seat. There is 6 feet of empty flooring in front of me. Lulu is about 4 rows behind me.

Probably tomorrow I will be kicking myself in the morning for not taking the $1200. We could have spent the dat touring Atlanta.

We are on a Boeing 767 wide body - 7 seats across.

See you when we land across the pond.

PS - From London - Now that we are safely in our apartment in London - I wish we would have taken the $1200 bump. We would have gotten here one day later - big deal.

PSS - The young lady next to me offered to trade seats with Lulu when she found out that she was 4 rows behind me - so Lulu got the 6 feet of stretch out space too.

No comments: