Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

All is Well in Mudville - MacBook is Working Again

Monday morning in London. After 24 hours without use of my Mac - I took it to the Apple Store - about 6 blocks from our flat. I did not have an appointment at the Genius Bar but was told if I arrived at 9 AM - I would be first in line.

It could not have been easier - they never even asked if I bought the Applecare extended contract (I did). Punit Rajpara helped me out. He quickly hooked it up to an external hard drive and booted my Mac from the system on his hard drive. He did a checkup and said the motherboard was fine and the hard drive was intact. He then decided to archive my stuff - and install a new system on my Mac. It took a little over an hour - but when he was done - my Mac Book Air was functioning like new and all my files were intact. I was very happy with the degree of professionalism with which I was treated.

So Monday morning had been very good so far. I am presently sitting in the Apple theatre enjoying a lecture on using iPhoto.

This afternoon Lulu's class has a guided tour of Westminster Abbey and a ride on the London Eye ferris wheel. I will go along.

No comments: