Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Preparing For China

Folks are asking why no posts. We are busy preparing for China. We leave in 5 days.

Everything is good. We got our China visas. Nancy upgraded our tickets to first class for a full flat bed on the long flight. 

I must admit that I am a little timid. We have never traveled to a place like China - and never traveled for such a long period - 5 months.

Beijing's weather is similar to our old home in Tamaqua PA. We will need clothes for all seasons. 

We normally take just a carry-on bag - but this flight will be 5 checked pieces of luggage. We can take 6 free.

We are both in excellent health. After my spine surgery - pain is a distant memory. It had not felt this good in 30 years.

I am excited to see if my computer and iphone function properly over there. We are hoping our home television Slingbox System works. Also Sirius Radio.

You can contact me by email or text message. Our T-Mobil phone supposedly works - but there would be a 25 cent a minute charge on calls.

I look forward to writing more - once we get there.

No comments: