Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tell All the Guys in Reno - the American Association of School Librarians is in Town


Lulu is the new sheriff in town. You can see that Reno is not too busy at 8 AM. What they don't realize is that it is lunch time back in Tallahassee - time for some steaks.

What a beautiful day it is - temperature about 70 - not a cloud in the sky. It is amazing how far you can see out here. This place gets less than 10 inches of rain a year.



This is a picture looking west from our room. We are on the 19th floor of the Silver Legacy Hotel on the main street - Virginia.

This morning we went to a great buffet for breakfast at Harrah's. I try to watch my weight - but you know how hard it is for me not to try to get my money's worth. There were so many nice dishes for brunch - all made to order. But the show stopped for me with "all the New York Strip Steaks you could eat." Fruits - desserts - omelets - lots of meats - beverages - all for $9. I still can't believe the strip steaks. I will probably visit that place often.

After that brunch - we had to walk it off a bit - so we toured town. Then Lulu had to go to a meeting and I decided to try black jack. The cheapest table I could find was $3 a hand. After the moths cleared my wallet - I laid a $20 bill on the table. The dealer gave me 20 silver dollars. It was just $3 a hand for quite a long time - but then the chips started piling up - first red - then green - all under one dealer. When the dealer walked - so did I - $143 to the good. Do I have to claim this income? Probably not - because I will lose that and more before we go home.

Being the trailing spouse of a member of the American Association of School Librarians is pretty neat. I get to follow along on these neat trips - and Lulu is busy - so I can do what I want. If I want to sit in the room and type on my blog - fine - just as long as I don't visit the Bunny Ranch.

No comments: