Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sitting at the Airport on the Way to Reno

Up at 4 AM - George picks us up at 5 AM - for our flight to Houston
at 6 AM. That is what it would be like in a perfect world. But at the
airport - we learn our flight was delayed until 10 AM - so we are
sitting - lounging - sleeping - reading the paper - surfing the net -
checking the email - blogging - at the airport.

No use complaining. Our flight has been re-routed thru Houston to Los
Angeles. Then we get on an Alaskan Airline flight to Reno. We were
supposed to get there by noon - but if everything goes well - we will
get there at 10 PM Tallahassee time.

The Tallahassee Airport is very nice - but not every busy. I am
guessing there are about 30 flights a day. But one of the best things
about this airport is the free Internet. They call it the digital
canopy - I call it great. Lulu and I are sitting here on our laptops
- she is doing "important" work - I am just goofing off. It is a long
time since I have done anything approaching important.

Yesterday was a busy day. It seems that always right before a trip -
things get busy. First - the sodders wanted to visit Darrel and
Donna's house - and they wanted me there to "help" cut the deal. Then
- 3 different buyers called about my truck. Then - I had to mow -
trim - edge - and blow the yard. Finally - I got a great deal on
craigslist for a Mastercraft solid pine armoire for the guest room.

After a call from Drew - I started packing for the trip at 11 PM. I
have a travel list on my computer - so packing took 15 minutes.

My head hit the pillow at 11:30 and was gone before Jay Leno finished
his monologue. Next thing I heard was the 4 AM alarm.

I am not going to badmouth airlines - I am actually on their side -
but that is another story. Will write when we come out of the tunnel
in Reno.

No comments: