Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Latest Report From Chuck in Iraq

Hi Everyone.............just wanted to say hello while I was here at the MWR tent..........I also wanted to tell you about what Gabe did on mission today while searching houses and market stores..........First and foremost I had to wake up in the middle of the night and I was tired as heck......I don't do 3 am wakeups very well.......we got to the second house we were searching for explosives when an Iraqi soldier told me he wanted me to seach this small shed outside the main house so I released gabe off his leash to go search and he ran into this shed and all of a sudden I heard and saw birds going everywhere.....one bird came flying out with Gabe in tow......there was no listening to me at this point as he already had a mouthful of feathers and the chase was on.........needless to saw the bird lived minus a mouthful of feathers. I had 14 Infantry guys rolling and me mad as heck because Gabe once again wanted to eat everything in site. ...... Overall though Gabe had a very awesome mission and hung in for the entire 9 hours we were out........he searched a total of 7 houses, 4 cars and 10 small stores.

On a more serious note, today the Military Police corps suffered another great loss as 1 soldier was killed and 2 were wounded. I ask tonight that you keep their family in your prayers along with their unit over here in Iraq. Life can be tough as a soldier, but once again I will stress that we do this not because we have to, but because we want to. Their isn't a soldier over here that wouldn't think twice about risking his or her life in defense of this great nation. Fly your American flags high and proud because many soldiers have made the ultimate sacrifice so we can continue to be the great nation we are! God bless you, God bless America and May God bless us, his American soldiers and Military Working Dogs!

Chuck and Gabe

No comments: