Search This Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

Chuck Reports from Iraq and 9/11

Dear friends,

I hope this email finds you all in great health and spirits.......Today is a special day is so many ways because of the tragidies in New York, The Pentagon and Shanksville, PA......so much has happened since that terrible day in 2001, I just wanted to take this time to thank you all for being such great friends....sometimes in the mist of life, we forget to say I love you and thank you because we take for granted that there will be a tomorrow and in this day and age, tomorrow is not so certain.........So tell those people how special they are to you just because and for no reason at all, one smile or one word can change a life forever....

As for Iraq......I bet I got asked 30 times why this deployment is the best one? For starters I have Gabe, he is the one thing that will keep me in the Army....I was going to get out of the Army in 2010, but that is still uncertain, I want to be a state police officer........ Well the place I am living with Gabe has AC and we have a bed to sleep in.....the dining hall we eat at is one of the best in Iraq and I kid you not, I eat better here than I do in Texas and I am not having mortar rounds being dropped all around me everyday........There is two sides to Iraq and I can clearly see that and it truly hurts to see the woman and children suffer because of this.....Last night I went on a raid to a suspected insurgents house and there was about 8 kids in the house and I hate to see that.....I cannot comment any further on that, but know everybody isn't bad in Iraq..........Anyways, I am sorry if I don't respond back quick enough to individuals emails....if you ha ve questions in the emails, I do save them and will get back to you I promise........thanks again for all your support and Gabe says hello.

Regards,

Chuck

No comments: