Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tomorrow We Go To New Orleans for 6 Days




Nancy and I will drive a van to New Orleans tomorrow for the 6 day long American Library Association convention. This is the first big convention in the crescent city since Hurricane Katrina. Imagine sharing the French Quarter with 20,000 librarians. Nancy got us a wonderful hotel right on Bourbon Street.

Nancy will be doing a presentation at the convention while I will be touring around the city on my folding bike - sending pictures back to you.

It is about 500 miles from Tallahassee to New Orleans. We will be using our new GPS to navigate our trip. I have a feeling it will say - get on I-10 here - then 7 hours later - get off I-10 here - there is your hotel.

Keith will stay in the house while we are gone.

No comments: