Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tampa Plane Crash - Saw Them Pull Plane Out of House





About 6 weeks ago we took a cruise leaving from Tampa. As we left on the ship - we noticed a neat island with a small airport on it. The place is called Davis Islands.

Fast forward 6 weeks. Nancy is at a conference near Tampa. I decided to visit Gary Miller - my classmate - who was in town for a convention too. So after visiting Gary - I decided to use my GPS to find that island and airport. It is about 2 miles south of the convention center.

When I reached the end of the runway - to my surprise there was a house fire. I got out of the car to see the action. I arrived just in time to see a crane pull the plane out of the house. The pilot died - the co-pilot is in bad shape.

Peter Knight Airport is pretty neat. It sits right on the water. Notice in the pictures my silver rental van as a reference point. In one direction is the airport - the other direction the harbor.

No comments: