Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Beach Boys Signed Their First Contract 60 years ago today.

Brian Wilson - Alan Jardine - Carl Wilson - 
Dennis Wilson - Mike Love


In 1962 - when I was 14 - my favorite musical group was The Beach Boys. Other things I did that summer were going to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico - canoeing 50 miles on the Delaware River - and playing on the freshman football team at THS. 

The Beach Boys produced 12 record albums while I as a kid - and I bought every one of them. AM Radio was king - their music blasted out of car speakers and transistor radioes. We had terrible TV reception - so this how we connected with the real world from back in the Valley. 

They wrote music about something called surfing and hot rod cars. It became a music genre. 

Carl Wilson and his brother Dennis both have died. 

Before the Beatles - they were number 1 in the nation. 

No comments: