Search This Blog

Monday, July 05, 2021

Day 8 of 60 - Euro Tour 2021 - Returned Camper in Paris Today

My son rented a camper to follow the Tour de France for 5 days. the company is a European chain called Roadsurfer. It cost $125 a day. Their camper was on the VW California chassis. It had a diesel engine and an automatic transmission. The chassis is really old technology.

There were a few digital things on it to gussy it up. To me - it rode just like my friend George's VW Van with 140,000 miles. The electric pop-up was nice. Although some of them were designed for 5 people - this one slept and sat 4. One wa son a Ford chassis. The refrigerator was electric. The furnace burned diesel fuel. The refrigerator ran on 12 volt. The stove had its own little propane tank. The camper held 7 gallons of fresh water. No hot water in the shower. The camper had a big diesel fuel tank - that was its forte. It got excellent fuel mileage. He paid 1.60 euros per liter of diesel. Do the math it comes to about $6 a gallon! The shop was very nice and had about 25 campers - most of them new. I am guessing Europe is not yet up to speed to touring after covid. I think it is an excellent way for an American to enjoy Europe. You get to see the country more - out away from the cities. After just getting done a 19 night tour in America - I think we will travel over here in train - planes - hotels.

About my web page and Facebook. You know I am in Facebook jail for comparing trump to the Nazis. I can post stuff on Facebook - just not advertise my web page. I also live video. That all changes on July 17. It will make it easier for me and I can do nicer pages. I am a little lazy now.

All new campers ready to go

We arrived at 9 am

That is the desk where you sign up

The show room wa the garage

Very nice static displays

You could rent here and leave in other country

Most were VW's

Old VW signs

Customer waiting room

Waiting room

Table for 4

Top up

Front bed Ford

Rear kitchen Ford

Fords were wider


Dealers all over Europe


The Ocean VW

Surfboard was their logo

Ford - they cos new - 60k to 80k


This was our train station on the way home.


No comments: