Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2020

I Replaced Our Home Wireless Router - A Nest Mesh

New Nest Mesh Wireless Router - Old Apple Wireless Router

During a thunder storm Tuesday - the lightning damaged our Apple Extreme Wireless Router. It is strange because none of the televisions - or modems - or anything else was broken. They just kept working. My son recommended the Nest Mesh System sold by Google. It is a series of wireless routers that you put around the home. He said they were on sale at Best Buy for $199. He said to order online and they would bring it to your car at the store - which is one mile away.

I picked it up - came home - plugged it in - downloaded the Google Home App to my iPhone. I put one unit on each end of our home. It worked immediately. I am getting signals of 238 MBPS all over the house. It is the fastest signal I have ever gotten.

Now - I am wondering if I can sell the old Apple AirPort Extreme Wireless Router in this condition. the yellow light flashes but I cannot connect to it. It tried rebooting it - with the paper clip - etc. Life during the plague.


No comments: