Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

Jan Flies Home Today - What A Busy 11 Days We Had - China Day 54

Our old Tamaqua friend - Jan Davis has been here for 11 days. We have been going bell to bell every day. As I type this - Nan and Jan are at the Pearl Market - a world class shopping bazzaar. It is Saturday morning and when they come home around lunch - I will take Jan to the airport.

If you have been following - you know my MacBook laptop failed. The keyboard will not work and I cannot put my password in. Alibaba just delivered an $18 wireless keyboard. I can use it with my iPhone. It is a nice workaround. This is the first story I am typing on it.

We have had good weather for Jan - it has been mostly sunny and warm. Yesterday on our trip to the Great Wall and Hot Springs - we had foggy and cooler weather - 50s. It has gone from 90 to 50 in nothing flat.

We took Jan to - Tiananmen Square - Forbidden City - Lama Temple - Military Museum - Summer Palace - Mao's Tomb - Great Wall - Red Theatre - Hot Springs Spa - Pearl Market - Much Shopping. We ate at lots of different places. She sampled one of my McDonalds Chicken Cutlets.

We wish she could stay longer. There is so much more to do.

Our next visitors are JP and Wanda Brown. They have also visited us in Berlin and London. They are great guests too.

I cannot believe we have been here 54 days out of 150. We passed ⅓ the way without looking back. In the future - Nancy speaks at Japan - Korea - Vietnam - and Nanjing. There have been more requests but they are hard to fit in.

The weather went from tropical to temperate quickly. We have enjoyed warmth - air conditioning - and sunshine. Now comes Philadelphia weather - we hope.

At 12:30 - we are off to the airport.

No comments: