Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Fence That Keeps On Giving

Plastic fence on my trailer

I bought that trailer on the internet
Cash for the fence

A few years ago - when we were in our old house up the street - there was a lot across the street from our old home. Three young men lived there and they had three big diesel trucks. Their parents bought that house for them to go to FSU. Since we were selling our house - I asked their mother to "hide" the trucks a little. She happily build a fence. We really appreciated that.

The boys graduated from FSU - and the family sold the house. We - in turn - build a new home down the street and easily sold the old house. Everyone was happy.

The other day the new owner was tearing down the fence. They were stacking it at the curb. I stopped and asked them if I could have the fence. They were happy that I would haul it away. I put my trailer on my electric car and went to the site. I stacked all the fence neatly on my trailer.

My plans were simple - to sell the beautiful plastic fence on the Internet. There was 90 feet of 6 foot high fence. It was in excellent shape.

I advertised it on Facebook Marketplace for $300. I had 8 people inquire about it in the first few hours. I told all the buyers - first cash gets it. This morning at 9AM - a guy came with his Dodge Hemi truck. We decided to leave the fence on the trailer - hook it to his 390 HP truck - and take it to his place about 15 miles away. I went along and helped him unload.

While we were unloading - I noticed he had a big pile of black gardening screen mesh. He offered it to me - I took it. See you next story.


No comments: