Search This Blog

Monday, January 07, 2019

Camper - New Lights For Olds

Old camper headlights

Old camper headlight elements


I ordered new elements from Amazon

We just took a 2500 mile trip in our Roadtrek camper. It performed flawlessly. We drove in a lot of rain on the way home - luckily no snow - no freezing. 

Because I am 70 - I did not like the amount of light coming out of the 15 year old headlights. Probably it is because my eyes are old. I went online and looked at new headlight elements. There are lots of improvements in the last 15 years. I found a youtube review of 10 different elements that were tested. The reviewer suggested several brands - but he thought that the Lightening Dark 10000 were the best. These bulbs put out double the lumens while using less electricity than the originals. They also focus the light better than the old ones. 

I ordered a pair for $52 from Amazon. I will install them on Wednesday.


No comments: