Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2018

This Tangerine Was Picked 10 Minutes Ago

Lulu just picked these tangerines.

Lulu just made lunch.  She just picked a couple tangerines and came in from outside shivering because it is 47 degrees and cloudy.

About 3 years ago - we planted 5 citrus trees. With the exception of the kumquat tree - each tree has produced some beautiful fruit - oranges - tangerines - lemons - grapefruits. The trees only stand about 6 feet tall - but they produce very sweet fruit. Usually my favorite is a lemon for my hot tea - but in my old age I am experimenting with other alternatives.

When you peel the skin off a tangerine - the fragrance reminds me of an old Coal Regions Christmas. It was a treat to find a tangerine in the bottom of your Christmas stocking back in the 1950s in Tamaqua. We used to try real hard to take the peelings off in one big piece.

No comments: