Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Installing Rear View Video Monitor In My Roadtrek Camper

Rear Monitor - Finished Installation
2004 Dodge Roadtrek - 18,000 miles


Santa left an early Christmas present for us. I just installed a rear view video system. It is an Auto Vox A-1. It has front and rear view cameras that record the action.

We are driving north for the holidays in our camper. One of the things about driving a camper is limited visibility out back. This rear view camera gives us full three lane wide visibility out the back.

It took about 2 hours to install it - mainly finding a way to route the video wire to the back. After that it is just plug and play. It has touch screen controls.

You can follow along as we travel north and use the camera. www.harry.everhart.com

THIS ADDED JANUARY 8TH

We completed a 2500 miles trip form Florida to Pennsylvania and back - using the rear camera system. It worked fine. I moved the camera to outside on the rear door using a sticky bracket - no holes. The wire goes thru the weather stripping - no leaking. We experienced lots of rain - and there was no leakage. Sometimes the rain would blur the lens.

Overall - the view was great. I did not cut in front of anybody. I had a clear view of all 3 lanes behind me. It was great for backing up too. We had the curtains across the rear view glass - but still had a perfect view. For $200 - it is a nice system. The camera also recorded the whole trip - front view and back view. I did not use the recording for anything - but it was neat having.

It was a Christmas present from my wife - a great one - I intend to keep it.


The installation with the open wire path


The complete installation


Interior camera and microphone


Front view




No comments: