Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Wonderful Weekend In Philadelphia With Grandson And Historic Townhouse



The hurricane had just knock the power out at out home in Tallahassee. So Friday - we hopped on a plane and escaped to family and familiarity. My son - Keith - and his wife - Liz - were attending a wedding at Penn's Landing. Our assignment was to take care of Max.

Friday - one of my best students - Steve Simchak stopped by to visit. My lifted a cold one at the Wooley  Mammoth. I bored him with two hours of old stories - and hearing about his adventures.

Saturday we enjoy walking to the Liberty Bell - Independence Hall - Carpenters Hall - the Firemen's Museum - the First and Second Banks of the United States. We enjoyed Philly Soft Pretzels - hoagies - pizza. We haunted a few playgrounds in South Philly.

I had chicken potpie at the Amish counter in the Reading Terminal Market. That market has the best selection of food in the world for me. I could eat every meal there for the rest of my life and die early at 500 pounds.

This morning we went to the the wedding breakfast at the Hilton - then ubered to the airport after picking up our bags back at the townhouse. As always - it is hard to leave everyone behind. It took us less than 30 minutes to go from Hilton to our townhouse - to the airport - security - and at the gate. Plenty of time to type this - and post the video.

Side note - I always loved the tune "Forget you" - the FSU band is always playing it. In the Uber cab - our driver had it on the radio - I saw the name on the screen. I quickly downloaded it to my iPhone. I have been playing it all the while I am typing. I never knew it had lyrics :-)


No comments: