Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

If You Have OCD - This is the Machine for You



I love watching a stump grinder perform. About 8 years ago  I even bought one to do the project at 1607 Seminole. But then I found Dwayne. He grinds in one hour - what it would take me a week to do.

Most of the trees we pulled out by the roots. We had 4 stumps that were too close to the border or to other trees' roots. We did not want to damage the other trees. Three stumps were pine trees about 30 inches in diameter. One was a cherry tree maybe 2 feet wide.



The stump grinder works like a beaver on steroids. Chips are flying everywhere. When done there is a big pile of wood chips - great for mulch.

Dwayne build this stump grinder to his own specifications. He drives up to your lot in his shiny black Chevy truck. Backs the grinder off the trailer. He measures the stumps by walking across them - foot to foot. I guess you pay by the foot. He gave me a price - we negotiated a bit - and one hour later - I handed Dwayne a pile of twenties - a very small pile - and he was gone.

Dwayne can be reached at 509-1921. I called and left a message. He called right back. Two hours later the stumps were gone.

No comments: