Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Apple Raises the Bar in My Book






I am sitting in the London Apple Store enjoying a free lesson on using "Mobile Me."

But what has me happy really happy is some personal service I just got.

This morning I woke up and the power supply on my macbook had frayed and failed. My computer had a 70% charge and that was all the connection power I had left with the world.

I walked the roughly 7 blocks from our flat to the Regents Street Apple Store. I went to the "Genius Bar" only to be informed that I would need an appointment because they were super busy with service. I explained to him that I would need the computer for my blog back to the USA. The "Genius" said to go over to the "Ipod Bar" and see Jack - imagine that - Jack.

I went to see Jack and he said just sit over there at that bench. I thought he was putting me off. There were several lines for service - see the pictures. Five minute later - Jack walked over - took my power supply - went downstairs - and in a minute came back up with a new power supply in hand. Jack didn't even ask my name - I was so thankful - I nearly kissed him.

I felt like the old board game - "Go to the Head of the Class."  That is an old teacher joke. At any rate - I am sitting in this workshop - watching the big screen - and watching my screen.

This is why the Everharts love Apple Computers.

Lulu will read this - she is back at our flat - and she knows how happy I am. I want to remind Lulu that they have the new iphone G3 over here.