Search This Blog

Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Have Been to the Gates of Hell and Bought a Pressure Washer







             I have always wanted a big professional pressure washer - heck - ever since my vacsectomy in 1978. But Home Depot wanted $1080 for the model I wanted and I was just to tight to part with the money.

Since I was going to Fort Lauderdale to see Drew at a convention - I figured I would try my luck on craigslist.org in Miami to see if anyone had the pressure washer I wanted for a bargain price. So I typed in "pressure washer miami" and up popped the exact DeWalt item I wanted for $500! Now all I had to do was find the place.

I called the guy and got the address. He said he had 4 left at that price - new in the box - and out the door. He said if I brought cash - there would be no sales tax. :-(

So I plugged the address in the GPS and away I went in my rental car. I was driving farther and farther south - heck - pretty soon I thought I would be at Fidel Castro's palace. Finaly - I arrived at the place - it looked like a fortress from hell. It was very clean - but it was surrounded by razor wire - and I had to be buzzed thru 3 electric gates to get inside.

Finally - there it was - still in the factory sealed box - the pressure washer of my dreams - the DeWalt D3750 - 4000 PSI - 4.0 GPM - 13 HP Honda engine. We had to remove it from the box to fit into the rental car - the fellas were very helpful with that. I kept looking over my should as I counted out 25 - 20s - and placed them in the slot under the bullet proof glass.

I drove away quickly - then called Doris Meneses - my friend in Homestead. She said I was only 5 miles from her office - so I set the "wayback machine" - my GPS - and got to her office. Doris has a super job as the office manager of a law firm. So we talked an hour - and then I drove to Fort Lauderdale - to share my booty with Drew.

In a couple of days I will be heading back to Tallahassee - after visiting the "gates to hell." In Dante's Inferno - there was a sign that read - "Abandon Hope - All Yee Who Enter" - I think I passed that sign 3 times.

No comments: