Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Buying and Selling Stuff Over the Internet - http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/






http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/

Being a trailing spouse - I have way too much spare time on my hands. A lot of that time is wasted "surfing" on the Internet. I love reading the news about Tallahassee and Florida - and also the news from up North back home. But one of my favorite spots on the Internet is "http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/" It is a place where you can buy and sell things for free. Yes - free. There are no listing fees - no commissions to pay - no charges for posting pictures - free is really free there.

The web site - "http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/" - is so easy and straight forward. It is like a yard sale - and auction - and the classified ads - all wrapped up in one.

I have been buying and selling items on Craigslist for a couple of years. I have sold a motorhome - motor scooter - lawn mowers - table saws - sofas - chairs - tables - china - pool covers - coins - books - computers - clothes - quilts - blinds - you name it. I bought - cars - motorscooters - trucks - tools - paint.

To buy and sell on Craigslist.org - you need a computer and an Internet connection. If you are anywhere near the Capitol Building - you can even use the wireless conection there for free. Many times I have sat at Andrews Cafe on Adams Street - having lunch and checking Craigslist.org on the free wireless internet there with my laptop.

When posting items - you simply select "post" and then write the text of your advertisement. You then type a title for the ad and select a category. There are tons of categories - cars - tools - motorcycles - furniture - computers - electronics - household - jewelry - etc. The best part is that you can post 4 color pictures for each ad - again no charge.

"Craigslist.org" is world wide. You can shop in any city you want. An example would be - the other day I bought a brand new pressure washer in Miami. I was driving to Miami anyway to see my son - so I picked up a super deal from a very professional seller. I got the $1100 pressure washer fpr $680 - it was still new in the sealed box.

It is so easy to write the ad and place the pictures. Of course - it is "let the buyer beware" - you must understand you have no recourse if the deal goes bad.

I do not know how "Craigslist.org" makes any money - I really do not care. I just know that it is fun - addictive - there are no fees - and it works. I used ot be a big fan of "eBay" and still use that service - but this one is more elegant.

No comments: