Search This Blog

Saturday, January 07, 2023

Christmas in Paris With the Kids

Clark Kent with his new wonder glasses.
Also his hot chocolate stain
from Louis Vitton.


Opening presents in Paris


The kids think it is a tourist trap - 
but I love it. 


We just completed a lovely trip to Oxford - London - Switzerland - and Paris. We were invited along to a winter wonderland vacation in the Swiss Alps. Then we stayed over at their Paris apartment from December 22 to December 26. Lulu brought extra suitcases for presents - decorations - and baking supplies.

They have an extra bedroom and bath that has become quite comfortable for us. It feels like home. We have a wonderful balcony window that overlooks the street scene near the Eiffel Tower. 

One problem - I did not have a present for Lulu - so on December 24th - I went on my own and explored downtown for the perfect present. The Champs Elysses is one of the most famous shopping streets in the world. Surely I could find something for her there. 

Another bonus - Lulu gave me my Christmas present early - a pair of Ray Ban glasses with a camera built into them. The glasses take high quality pictures - while not holding up a camera. People act differently when they know they are on camera. Candid shots are cool. I would use the glasses while shopping - getting a flavor for what it is like to shop in Paris. 

We had a wonderful Christmas day with the kids. 

On December 26th - we had an all day trip home. We left Paris at 7 AM and were home by 7 PM - same day. On the way home - Lulu got a little of the stomach bug - which I got the next day at home. This is my first illness in 3 years. We tested negative for Covid. 

Our plane was routed up over the Arctic - we entered the USA over Cleveland Ohio. There were lots of flight cancellations in the USA and we saw luggage starting to pile up in Atlanta. But our flights were on time. 

We got home about 7 PM - we turned on the lights on our Christmas tree - and went to bed. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 

Gift wrapping the sweater.



Louis Vitton - let me see - backpack. 

Apple Store quite busy



Standing in line - Louis Vuitton

This electric Citroen can be bought for 
$6000. 30 mph - 40 mile range.
Kids 14 and older - no license.

Land Rover 

Emily in Paris on 
McDonald's window. 

My Mom's name was Lillian Quick.

Champs Elysses - dry and 50s

Louis Vitton store - that was my line

Lego Christmas tree

I stopped for a free Apple class

Apple Store

Galleries Lafayette

I love Galleries Lafayette

Sweater shop

I love this 4 wheel Cooder










This is by our front door

Cute street restaurant





Walking along the Seine.


Christmas decorations.



Our flight from Paris crossing the 
English Channel to London

Yes we crossed over Greenland

I loved the computer on
the plane

We came in West of Cleveland.


No comments: