Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2021

British Motor Show - Enjoying Our 6 Days In London

This Honda electric is Car of the Year


Ferrari famous race cars

I want to start out by apologizing for falling behind in pictures and stories on my web page. I am just overwhelmed by so much to see and do. Also - I have had a bout of the Grip - if you are old enough to remember that :-) I have not posted a new page or photo in 10 days. Lulu has been running circles around me here. She is such a good sport. 

It is Friday - we plan to see The Tina Turner Show tonight. We sleep here Friday night - then Saturday night and Sunday night in Paris. We fly home to Florida - all day Monday. And now we hear a hurricane is going to be there to greet us. At a layer of melancholy for having to leave our family here. Covid has left London a ghost of itself - a very nice ghost. 

Last Sunday - we got here around noon - I quickly boarded another train to see the British Motor Show at Farnborough - about 50 miles west of town. I got there around 1 pm and enjoyed 4 hours of the show. Lulu went to our hotel and scouted the area. 

The motor show was a hodge podge of mostly really expensive sports cars. Most of it  is way over my budget. There was an emphasis on electric and city cars. 

The rest of the week we have been busy - going and going and going. When we got home at night - I was too tired to do a page. I will be posted pictures later - I have a bundle. 









Mini race car






AC Cobra Replicar - Chevy Engine - $80k



Some say the prettiest car ever - Jaguar

Very pretty VW convertible








Reasonable price for Fiat electric

Honda Jazz hybrid SUV



Old Land Rover

Morris Minor


Ford Anglia

Suzuki still makes a fine car

Everything was for sale


McLarens - easily the most expensive - $400k

Rolls Royce SUV

Maserati

Audi mid engine

Car performances

This Citroen is the range king
475 miles per charge

England's Beetle - the Mini

Custom VW

The show is on the site 
where the Brits first flew a plane


No comments: