Search This Blog

Monday, May 03, 2021

Replacing A Gasoline Leaf Blower With An Electric One

Kobalt electric leaf blower

I have removed a bunch of tall pine trees from my yard. So it is much easier to clean up now. I used to use a Stihl gasoline leaf blower for the last 7 years. It did an excellent job - but it was very loud - and it weighed 22 pounds. It also required mixing gasoline and oil. It was not cheap - I paid $450 for it new in 2014. 

I replaced it with a Kobalt leaf blower. I have several other Kobalt brand tools - they can be purchased on Amazon or at Lowe's. This particular leaf blower is powered by a 40 volt lithium battery. It was $77 because I already had a couple chargers and batteries from other tools. If you have to buy the leaf blower with the charger and battery - it is $169. They have other models - some even have 80 volt batteries. 

I was able to sell my old Stihl leaf blower for $400 on Facebook. 

The new electric leaf blower is very quiet. It only weighs 5 pounds - that is a big help. Finally - you just squeeze the trigger and it blows - and blows - and blows. I have 2 batteries that I can swap out and keep going - although I have never run out of power so far. I can do my driveway - sidewalks - porches - on one half battery. The batteries have digital gauges on them. One nice thing - it maintains full power from beginning to end - no dying out. It just stops. 

My wife uses it to blow off the porches. It is great for pollen. I also use it to blow off the cars after I wash them. 

Other features on the new one are a boost button - that I never use - and a cruise control - so you do not have to hold the trigger. You can set the cruise control at any speed. It claims 480 cubic feet a minute volume - and 110 miles per hour wind. 

Of course - this leaf blower is not for a professional that blows 8 hours a day. But it is excellent for me. 

If you want to try it before you buy one - you are welcome to drop over and try mine. 




 




My old 7 year old Stihl gasoline leaf blower. Gone forever. It served me well. 


No comments: