Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2021

I Sold 2 Cars In One Day

 


Lulu and I are buying a new Tesla. She said if I sold two cars - I could order the Tesla. So Thursday - I woke up to two cars that needed a bath. 

First - I cleaned up the Nissan Leaf electric car. I took plenty of pictures and listed on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist Marketplace. I was surprised that Craigslist is now charging $5 to list a car. I have had success there so I gladly paid the price. I listed it at noon and I immediately started getting messages about the sale. 

Second - the Ford Truck was ready for clean up. As I was scrubbing the Ford - I kept responding to people asking about the Nissan Leaf. At 4 PM - the pictures of the Ford truck were ready for the ad. 

By 6 PM - the Nissan Leaf was sold to a neighbor about 2 blocks away. The buyer was a retired professor from Columbia University who was born in New Zealand. When people were texting me about the car and the truck - I started getting people mixed up - telling cars buyers about the truck and vice versa. 

There were many more truck buyers. One young man texted and said he was driving from Apalachicola - about 75 miles away. I promised to hold the truck for him for an hour - he promised he would bring cash. The truck buyer arrived at 7 PM - we took the truck for a long ride - on the highway and off road. The 4WD performed excellently. He was smitten because it was his first truck. 



The car sold for $4700. The truck sold for $3100. In one day - I cleaned out two spaces in the garage. I better calm down - pretty soon the city may require me to buy a dealer's license :-)

I enjoy cleaning up cars and selling them - but I would not want to do it for living. It can be hard and dirty work. It is fun meeting the buyers though - and comparing stories. 

And now on to another adventure. - owning a Tesla. The most powerful car I have ever owned is my present Honda van. It is 240 HP. Our Dodge camper is just 230 HP. The Tesla is rated at 480 HP - as much as the Honda and Dodge - and then some. What a wonderful world we live in. 

Henry David Thoreau - That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. 






No comments: