Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2020

I Bought A Truck Off Facebook Marketplace

 


I love shopping on Facebook Marketplace in Tallahassee. Not only do you find nice deals - but you meet so many nice people. I could not resist this old garnet color Ford F150. I bought it from a young couple with a really neat little ranchette about 20 miles south of town. They also have had 4 kids in 5 years - so they are busy folks. 

The truck is a 1997 Ford F150 with V6 engine and 4 speed automatic transmission. Lulu says it is gauche to talk price here - but if you want to know - email me. It has 235,000 miles on it - and is 23 years old. It runs good - and the body has no rust. the passenger seats are good - but it needs a headliner. The number one selling feature is that it is four wheel drive. Lulu followed me home because I had no license plate on it. I paid cash for it - the couple had owned it 19 years - but seemed happy to get the cash. 

Since we were just a couple miles from Wakulla Springs Lodge - it gave us a chance to stop for supper. I love their chicken. 'The dining room was empty except for one other couple about 40 feet away. We ate there and then walked the park a bit. It is a time warp from the 1940s - music - architecture - furniture - food - smells. We did not swimming the 72 degree springs. 

After supper - we went back and picked up the truck and came home. 

The pictures are PRE-cleaning up. This is the way we bought it. Tomorrow will start the detailing. We will see how it looks. If it needs it we will pay a visit to MAACO paint shop.

NADA book says it is worth $3000 to $6000. 

Now I have something to do besides mowing the lawn. 






No comments: