Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

1923 Ford Bucket T - Way Over My Pay Grade

 


I like to look at the cars for sale on Facebook Marketplace. You never know when you will run into a gem. This one was advertised as a 1923 Bucket T that needs a little work. I texted them last night - David and Amber. This morning I forgot all about it. Then I got a text back asking if I were still coming at 3 PM. It was getting ready for a big storm - but I do not like to blow anyone off. I hopped in the Honda van - and drove about 7 miles out east to a farm. 

It started to pour - but I waited it out. 

The car was under a tarp just outside my view - it was blocked by several other projects. When David and Amber came - we peeled back two tarps and there it was. The rain let up a little and I got a good look. It was like a page out of Hot Rod Magazine - 1965. 

David started the project back in 1970. He built the frame from scratch. It had a fiberglass body. The engine was a 283 cubic inch V8 from a 1957 Chevrolet. It had a 3 speed transmission. It weighs about 1500 pounds.

These things sell for a lot of money when they are finished - but I am 72 already - I do not have the time or expertise to finish the job. I let it go. 


No comments: