Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

My New Toy - A Mavic Mini Drone


This is a panoramic video of our yard.

I took this picture of myself- this morning

I bought a new toy from Amazon - a Mavic Mini Drone. It takes neat video and photos. It cost $400.

It is very easy to operate and very forgiving. The neatest feature for a duffer like me - if you let go of the controls - it stops - hovers - and waits for you to do something. Also if you press one button - it will come back and land right where it took off.

It can fly 30 minutes before you need a recharge. It can go up 1000 feet and has a range of about 1/2 mile. I limit myself to about 100 feet and 300 feet.

The video is fed down to your cellphone which hooks to the controller.

The drone - The controller - iPhone fits in there
The drone weighs 249 grams - about 1/2 pound. The FAA does not require a license under 250 grams.

My buddy JP and I in front of the house this morning.
Wanda Brown made us some FSU masks - JP delivered.




No comments: