Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2020

I Bought A New Laptop - MacBook Air



On the left is my new MacBook Air - on the right is my old MacBook. The old one served me well for 3 years - it was time to upgrade. The old one has a bad keyboard - a few keys stick. I will have it repaired before I sell it on Craigslist or Facebook.

The new one has a bigger and better screen. It has 8 GB of memory and 128 GB of flash drive storage. The old one actually has a larger 256 GB flash drive storage. As you can see - the old one was smaller - but they weigh the same. The new one has a longer battery time. The main processor is much faster. A neat feature - it reads your fingerprint to open and type in passwords.

The new case is a molded one-piece casting of aluminum.

The new one was $900 at Costco.

We have been home from China for 8 days. I am going to bed at 8 PM and getting up at 5 AM. I am beginning to think I enjoy jet lag - because I extend it so long.

Our house was in excellent shape - thanks to JP for caring for it. George scouted the property daily - and prevented any troubles. Since the batteries in our 3 cars were old - I decided to just replace them. The scooter is new and it started right up.

With the Corona virus scare - I decided to get a full check up. I had a chest x-ray yesterday and will follow up with a CT Scan on Monday. Ironically - Lulu was originally scheduled to work in Wuhan - China. At the last minute - they switched her to Beijing. We were lucky because there was so much more to do in Beijing. Wuhan did have warmer weather bring about 1000 miles south of Beijing - close to Hong Kong.

Both Lulu and I gained 5 pounds on our trips - I am 230! Highest ever.

We did bring home our set of gray bamboo bed linens. We just put them on our bed and they look nice. They have a smoother finish than cotton sheets.

JP brought our camper down from his storage garage up in Georgia. It saved us a big trip. The camper is running well. Time for a camper trip!


No comments: