Search This Blog

Monday, December 02, 2019

The Temple of Heaven - Beijing

I did not take this lighted picture.
I took all the rest.



Last week I took Mimi to see The Temple of Heaven. To me it was easily the neatest building I have seen in China so far. It is all wood - no nails - and was built about 600 years ago. Today it sits in the middle of a large park. There is a separate admission for the park and temple.

I wanted Lulu to see the Temple - hoping to be able to see it lit up at night. We went into the park at 4 PM - it was sunset time. The park and temple were open to 5 PM. When we got to the Temple - they were no longer selling tickets - but the lady gatekeeper waved us through. We were in for free.

There was hardly anyone there and we enjoyed the temple and the other museum buildings. When I asked an attendant if the lights would be turned on - she said no. But the sun was just perfect for lighting up all the gold leaf. We got some really nice pictures.

It was a double whammy for Lulu - just outside the park gate is the famous Pearl Market. She loves shopping there. While she shopped I had a Philly Cheesesteak at Subway. We took the subway home - I could tell Lulu really liked the adventure.


Sunset lit up the gold leaf


I had a tripod and remote control

Inside the temple
they killed animals


Lulu likes taking pictures
of others

Note the marble pavings
Lulu teaching in China

Other museum buildings
layers of marble steps



Wooden model in museum


Sunset popular for cameras



Facing north

Doornails - 9 x 9


Museum

Beautiful marble carvings

No comments: