Search This Blog

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Starting My Roadtrek After Being Away 75 Days


2004 Dodge Roadtrek - starting after a long summer nap.


We just returned from 75 days in Europe to our home in Florida. I covered the camper in a 20 year old blue tarp. In Florida - we had a lot of heat - sun - rain - and wind. I was happy to see the tarp intact after all that time. I bought the tarp to use as a party tent for his high school graduation in 1995. It has been rolled up in the attic since then.

The camper started right up. It remained relatively clean. The Onan Generator started right up too - as did the air conditioner and the water heater. I just gave it a quick washing - and now it is ready for the road. Lulu has beach written all over her face.

It is a 2004 Dodge Roadtrek Popular 190. It has 18,000 miles on it. It is in excellent like new condition. It is not for sale - I am just showing off a bit. It has all new batteries - all new tires - a new flat screen TV - and a new inverter. Everything works. I have owned it one year. The previous owner kept it garaged the whole time. I paid way too much for it - $32,000 - I knew that gong in - I did not care. It is hard finding a Roadtrek in this nice shape.

While in Europe - we visited Hymer World - Hymer recently bought the Roadtrek factory in Canada.

No comments: