Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Campers and Electric Scooters

ZEV scooter - assembled in West Virginia. 

It looks like a hitch platform.

In 2015 - I visited ZEV Scooters in Morgantown WV. I got to drive several of their scooters and enjoyed seeing where they assemble them. They are constantly coming up with new models.

I recently saw the above pictures on the Internet of a new 3 wheel electric scooter.  I was surprised and happy that it was made by ZEV. ZEVis own by Darus Zerback.

It appears in this picture that it is on a hitch platform on the back of a Class C Coachmen motor home. These scooters are not light - they are full of batteries. I can't imagine a normal hitch receiver being able to take this much weight. Still it is an interesting idea.

I have a Roadtrek Class B and a Nissan Leaf electric car. Golf Carts are a fun way to run around campgrounds - quiet - no local exhaust.

Here is my story from visiting ZEV in 2015 -

http://everhart.blogspot.com/2015/04/on-search-for-perfect-electric-vehicle.html

No comments: