Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Big Story Coming - Harry Visits ZEV Electric Scooter Factory in Morgantown WV


I love the quiet and pep of electric vehicles. In 1975 I owned my first electric motorcycle. Since then I have driven and owned many vehicles - some as fast as the Tesla to others as slow as a regular bike with a motor tacked on. I currently own a Nissan Leaf as my main car and a Club Car golf cart for riding around the neighborhood. 

ZEV Electric makes a series of motor scooters. Some look like bicycles with lithium batteries in the frame. Others look like Harley Davisons with every crevice stuffed with lithium batteries. 

I spent all day Wednesday navigating the hills of Morgantown and West Virginia University on several electric scooters. The one above was my favorite. It has gobs of power to go 60 MPH  but also a range of 100 miles. The lithium batteries will last for years. It has giant disk brakes and tires to handle two very heavy people and change. WVU has some very steep hills and they were no match for these scooters. 

I will be doing a full story with reviews of several scooters I rode. 

No comments: