Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Two Cool House Movers


Stone's Home Movers literally move homes.

Today while driving to work - Lulu saw some guys about to move a house over by FAMU. She sent a text mail to me saying I might want to see the move. Little did I know what I was in for.


Stone Home Movers was moving this house today over by FAMU.


Johnny Stone has been moving houses for 40 years.

I met Johnny Stone. He has lived in Sneads all his life in his boyhood home. He and Paula and son JP own Stones Home Movers. I asked Johnny if he wanted to move a house for me - he said, "Let's go see it." In a minute we were at the brick house. Like everyone else - Johnny complimented me on the beautiful lot. We discussed where we would move it. He crawled under the house to see the supports. He said nothing is easy in the house moving business - but this was a very straightforward job - lift - turn - build foundation - drop.

Paula handles the paperwork.


I told Johnny about Lulu and how she is much younger than me. Johnny chuckled as he said he had one even younger. Then I met Paula. They showed me a scrapbook of buildings they have moved. Compared to some of these - our brick house is little. 

Tomorrow Johnny is going to give me a bid. I hope it fits in our budget. I hope it can justify keeping Ray's old house in one piece. 



No comments: