Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our Old Honda Van is Back in Pennsylvania


Two years ago - we traded our 2004 Honda Van for a 2008 Toyota Prius on Craigslist. While checking the new owner's Facebook page - I found this picture. They are back in Pennsylvania for a visit with family. Note the autumn leaves and how full the Honda is.

They had listed their Prius on Craigslist for sale. They had a baby and another one on the way. They wanted $18,000 for the Prius. I agreed to buy it. When I asked them what they were going to drive - they said they wanted to buy a mini-van. I suggested that they take mine for a drive. 

We settled on a trade plus cash. I gave them the Honda plus $9000. The Honda had 150,000 miles on it. The Prius had 20,000 miles on it.  

Today the Prius has 35,000 miles on it and it is going to Disneyworld today. I wonder how many miles are on the Honda now. It was a great deal for both parties.

No comments: