Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tracking Hits On Your Web Page Using Blogger.com


This web page or blog is hosted by a service called blogger.com. It is a free service that I have been using since 2005. Blogger.com allows you to publish a web page with pictures - videos - headline - and body text. Stories and pictures can be post directly from your iphone. It is dependable - but of course the best thing is that it is free.

A neat feature they added recently allows one to check the traffic on ones page. Here is an example of the daily posts hits on my page.


My busiest day occurred a couple months ago when I got 2000 hits in one day. At first I thought it was that people were interested in Lulu's Vision Tour - but after checking the "stat" page - I found out that some magazine cited a picture I had of Elian Gonzalez. He was the boy that was sent back to his father in Cuba. It was Elian's 16th birthday.

Another section shows a map and the sources of the hits.

The program also can identify the IP address of the reader's computer - but it does not show you the individual emails. Big brother is watching more and more.

Personal blogs are so "last decade." Now people use facebook and twitter more and more.



No comments: