Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another Craigslist Camera - Super Deal on This Canon A470 - $60

My weakness is small cameras. Although my regular Canon G7 has a wonderful lens on it - it is a bit bulky - so I do not carry it as much as I used to.

I wanted something lighter for London this summer - but many pocket camera have a great size but they sacrifice a quality lens.

I saw this Canon A470 on Craigslist. The seller wanted $80 for it. She claimed it was in the factory sealed box. I offered $60 and she said ok. The camera retailed for $199 - but now they can be bought on Amazon for $129.

I met the lady in the mall parking lot. The camera was in its sealed box. Before I gave her the money - I opened the box to make sure everything was there. The batteries even had the blister wrap on them.

It is a very simple camera - the controls match my other Canon camera. It takes 7 megapixel size pictures - has a 3x optical zoom lens. The screen is 2.5 inches across. The controls are simple and straight forward. It uses AA batteries and SD-RAM storage cards. The best part is that it takes both pictures and videos - although the videos are not HD like the ones from my Canon G7.

Imagine just a few years ago saying you could buy a video camera for $60!

No comments: