Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My Student Chuck Shuck - Completes Drill Sargeant Training This Week



The best part of being a retired teacher is hearing from former students. Chuck Shuck wrote this to me today -

My entire body aches, but that is because the last 5 days of drill sergeant school is level 1 combatives. This morning, I had the honor of competing for the Leadership Award for Drill Sergeant Class 16-09. Although I did not win (6 points seperated 1st place from 5th place), I was still honored enough to be 1 of the 5 out of 85 Drill Candidates Competing for this award as you are chosen by your fellow NCO's. I will receive my Drill Sergeant Hat and Badge 2 days early at the Platoon breakfast on Tuesday and I have chosen not to attend graduation because I wanted to be back at Ft Hood on Thursday for a memorial service for a hero dog team that gave it's all in Afganistan last Sunday. They will never be forgotten. Becoming a Drill Sergeant is one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. Some of you all have followed my journeys to Iraq and back 3 times and now I cannot wait to begin this 18 hour a day journey with you all ha ha Please keep in your nightly prayers all Soldiers deployed and say an extra one for the men and women of my BDE, the 89th Military Police BDE. I was blessed for the past 7 years to have such great Leadership within the 89th MP BDE and I wish I could thank each one of those Leaders in person. This BDE and the 720th MP BN knows how to take care of Soldiers and I hate to be leaving the team, but I will be back in 2 years when my time on the trail is done. I start my PCS leave on 7 Dec and will be moving to MO from there with all 3 of the big dogs in tow ha ha. Take care and God Bless you all and your families and may he continue to bless us, His American Soldiers!!

No comments: