Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Many of "Yous" Have Been Asking Me About GPS's


Hi -

Many of my friends have been asking about "What is a good GPS?"

There are a lot of good ones out there.

I am going to tell you about the Garmin Nuvi 200. It is a great GPS - but also comes with a nice price. I had one of these for almost 2 years and loved it. I sold it on ebay. Why? Because I bought the Garmin Nuvi 270. The only difference is the 270 has the maps on for both europe and USA. The 200 only has the USA on it. Of course the Nuvi 270 costs more.

Here is the Germin Nuvi 200 - see it on amazon.com -

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-200-3-5-Inch-Portable-Navigator/dp/B000NVZE5M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219861946&sr=8-1

It costs $157.00 - a great price. Also you do not have to pay sales tax or shipping fees. Another thing about Amazon is that if you have buyer's remorse you can send it back.

This GPS does talk to you. You can change the voice to about 10 different people - male - female - British - etc.

It is very easy to use - all of the controls are on touch screen menus. After a couple days - you are an expert - everything makes sense on it.

It comes with a 12 volt cord for the car - you can also plug it into your computer to charge it. You can use it as a hard drive and store and view pictures with it. You can even put your favorite photo on the screen as a starter photo.

It comes with a bracket to suction cup it to your windshield.

One of the best features to me is that it is very thin. You can put it in your shirt pocket and use it while walking. It tells you how far you walked - how fast - what direction. When I am on my bike - I do not have to see it - I just hear the voice coming out of my pockets saying "turn right in 100 feet."

This is an excellent gift for a loved one - a kid going to college - a guy that goes fishing in strange areas. You can never get lost with it - even in the woods - because it shows you which way to go.

It has a nice gauge on the screen telling you when you are locked onto a satellite - also telling you how much battery is left. You can extend the battery life by dimming the screen in 10% intervals. You can also turn of the sound or turn it up loud - something I do often.

I love Garmin GPS's - this is my 5th one - each time I traded up for something better - and sold my old one on ebay. They are hot ebay sellers. Also Drew - my son - has stock in Garmin. I like to think of the Garmin GPS as a good match for my other Apple products - like the MacBook and iPhone.

My Garmin was a big help to Keith and I in our travels through Germany this summer.

Harry

Drew just wrote to say - there is a $50 off coupon good for any Garmin at Best Buy. Email me - harry@everhart.com - for the coupon.

No comments: