Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

Three Cousins Have Not Been Together As Group for Over 40 Years


In the 50s and 60s - we would all gather at my grandmother's home every Sunday on Broad Street in Tamaqua. She was Bertha Brouse Everhart Hontz. She had 4 kids. Her kids are all gone - but lots of grandkids are still alive and active.

Here are my cousIns - Bob Schleicher and Carl Zimmerman. Bob's Mom Grace was my Dad's younger sister. Carl's Dad Carl was my Dad's older half brother.

Bob worked for Bell Telephone and is retired now. Carl worked for Pennsylvania Power and Light - he is also retired. Bob still lives back home in Pennsylvania - Carl splits his time between a home in Tamaqua and a home near Tampa.

We gathered at my house - and now there is talk of an Everhart Family Reunion.

No comments: