Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2007

iPhone - Therefore I Am


Last night I got an email at about 8 PM. It was from my oldest son - Drew. The subject line said, "Check Out My New Umbrella."

When I opened the e-mail - there was a picture of my son - all glassy-eyed - holding up his latest toy - the iPhone.

I guess it is sort of an umbrella - it covers so many things - phone calls - showing pictures - music - videos - text messages - surfing the net - taking pictures. All in one skinny little handful.

His wife, Robin, said, "I am so proud of him - he held out for a full 2 hours."

Like every other Apple user - Drew thinks he is the foremost Apple guru. He has the running shoes with the little chip in them that sends feedback to his iPod - I guess it counts his steps. He has the shiny silver iBook - it just goes on and on.

Normally - I find both of my sons pretty level-headed. Before Drew buys anything - he does extensive research on the Net. He has a sixth sense when it comes to finding great deals.

Drew is a research scientist. He has a bachelor's degree from Duke in chemistry. He then got his PhD in molecular pharmacology from Miami. Now he is doing research on diabetes at Syracuse.

Part of his research includes playing videos to rats. He is studying the effect that sugar has on the eyesight of rats. He puts the rats in this little box and watches how they react to the videos he plays. And guess what the sides of the box are made of - flat screen computers of course.

When it comes to Apples and computer technology - the Trailing Spouse becomes a Trailing Father - a very proud one. Enjoy your latest toy son.

No comments: